We currently ship to: CA, CO, DC, MN, OR, PA, NY. 15% mix-and-match case discount applies.
100% Pinot Noir
This wine is 100% Pinot Noir—a blend of two different vineyards and vintages. The predominant component of the blend, at 75%, is from 2020—a zippy early-harvested wine from the coastal Manchester Ridge Vineyard. The remaining 25% is a richer, fruitier 2019 from just over the ridge at Filigreen Farm in Anderson Valley. We love how the blend combines the delicate aromatics and freshness of the younger wine with the structure and developed flavors of the previous year’s vintage.
Herbaceous, savory notes of resin and wool with black cherry and dried plums. A lighter, ethereal expression of the Pinot Noir grape.
The Filigreen Farm Home Block Vineyard sits on the western edge of the Anderson Valley floor near the town of Boonville. Planted in 1946, these are some old vines!
The dramatic Manchester Ridge Vineyard is perched atop a ridge just 3.5 miles from the Pacific (you can see the Point Arena lighthouse on fog-less days). It’s firmly within the inversion layer, which means it gets hot enough for the grapes to ripen but they’ll do so slowly because of the cooling influence of the ocean. And bonus points—the surrounding forest plays host to some of my favorite wild mushrooms, including matsutake, black trumpets, and hedgehogs.
As the crow flies, the two vineyards are separated by just 13 miles, but the road that connects them—a former wagon route for early loggers and tan oak bark peelers–snakes for many more miles up and down the ridge.
In 2019 the grapes were spontaneously fermented whole cluster, semi-carbonically for 4 days then gently foot tread and punched down by hand for the remainder of fermentation.
In 2020, the grapes were 95% destemmed and spontaneously fermented to dryness with punchdowns by hand twice a day.
4 barrels produced
Total sulfur 33 ppm
Bottled April 26, 2021